Thursday, May 31, 2012

Anatomy of a Black Eye

As we were skyping with Grandma and Grandpa V in early April (i know, i know, I'm late on these posts) the boys were playing "gymnastics" and jumping into a pile of pillows by the bed as they "did" the vault. Everyone had been landing just fine and on Gavin's 3rd or 4th pass through (after I had thought to myself, should we move those pillows further from the bed? No, I am just being paranoid.) he completely misses the pillows and lands eyebrow first onto the wooden bed frame. Immediate crack, blood, tears, etc. Poor kid. I took ER duty that night and we got him two stitches with just a couple of hours wait. He was so brave and the shot he received was the worst part. When I asked him which hurt worse, the original injury or getting the stitches, he said emphatically "The stitches." The black eye unfolds below:

Morning after at the scene of the crime

A little junior shopping at Giant the day after (BGA)

Getting dressing changed the first time at Al Ahli ER - LOVE the throne chair. :) (Day two)

Hey there eye shadow from the 80s! (Day three)

That's my boy Sid Vicious. (That's Betadine making it look worse than it is) (Day four)

Wow, Gavin has a really big tongue. (Day five)
He now has a little red mark in his eyebrow - something to tell kids about when he gets older. :)

In other news, life in April is going swimmingly. We are far enough from the move with enough of the big items solved (house, Grad assistantship, moving date, plane tix, etc) that we can chill a little bit and just sort of enjoy our time. It's been lovely. 
I swear, Aidan BEGGED to vacuum.

Who says parenting is hard? Gavin put himself in here to play the drum. For about 20 mins. awesome.

Aidan, Santi, Brady and Gavin hold hands on the way into a museum for the japanese comic exhibit. They are too cute. 

This is Brady's devilish face. But we see it a lot. So maybe it's his regular face. :)

The boys model their new Easter socks the Easter Bunny left them. Brady seems non-plused, but he was REALLY into the egg hunt! (GAB)

Brady - he looks like a teenager to me here.

Face painting day at school (AGB) - Dog, Cat, Spiderman Eye

Anybody recognize this? The boys wanted to get in it as we were pumping up the tires. Can you BELIEVE how big they are in it?

GBA - It's tiring just GETTING to the beach . . .

ABG - homemade popsicles at Fuwairat Beach. Yum.

Popsicles with friends - Alexandra, A, B, Johanna, G

These two are like 2 peas in a pod. Too cute (A and J)

Brady keeps telling us how he "Loves" his brothers. Here he is showing it. Aww . . .

Dad and some carousel fun! (G&B)

We could NOT get a smile out of Aidan, but I do think he was having fun . . .

Brady, Mom and Gavin - I should be on the other side of the camera ONCE in awhile!
**Let me just say, I thought I had posted this FOREVER ago. I must have gotten distracted by something shiny . . .