During our feeding this evening, while Aidan was taking his requisite 15 minute break, I had begun to feed Brady while Curt fed Gavin. Aidan was laying on the couch in between us and was BUSY. Playing with toys, throwing burp cloths around, whining for his pacifier, spitting it out - the usual. He was also putting his feet up on my leg as he grabbed at my t-shirt. Then he decided to kick at Brady's legs dangling over my thigh. I gently moved him away and Curt distracted him. Aidan then began touching Gavin's face and head while he ate - also not cool when he eventually will latch on with his freakishly strong hands (have you ever had an infant grab your lip? painful) and make Gavin cry, so we tried another re-direct.
He goes back to kicking at Brady and I said "stop messing with your brother while he's eating!" To which Brady sends Aidan a message and rips a HUGE fart - in his general direction. Aidan's eyes got really big - and he quit messing with Brady. Curt and I proceeded to laugh our heads off. . .
In other non-bodily function news - i used Baby Einstein as a baby watcher for the first time. I must say, it's weird. Like stuff the stoner's who lived across the hall from me in college would have watched after a few hits, weird. Curt had gone to take the car in Saturday morning and the boys are all sick - nice snotty sick! We had fed Brady and Gavin and I got Aidan up after Curt left. To make sure I wouldn't have to entertain the other two too much, i made a little slumber party on the floor and gave them pillows and other toys and then popped in BE. at least it was Mozart in the background! Brady seemed to really dig it - kicking his legs as the train went around the track, and when the water/ink things did their thing. Gavin on the other hand, was not so impressed. He did end up watching it once I had put him on his jungle gym - upside down. Apparently watching it the way you and I would was just too dang mundane, but looking at it upside down is the bomb . . . whatever kid. :)
Gavin is a big boy and has two teeth! He had pulled my finger in to his mouth the other day and proceeded to chomp right down on it! He doesn't seem much fussier than usual, nor does he seem to be drooling much more than usual, so hopefully this will be as bad as it gets! :) Gavin has also shown he is learning to use tools - as it relates to food. As the eat they get a lot of food on their bibs, of course (Curt thinks it's my feeding style - whatever:)). In the middle of the afternoon snack today, Gavin needed a big and bad diaper change. As he is laying on the changing table with his bib on, he realizes there is still rice cereal and bananas all over his bib so he brings the bib to his mouth and begins to suck it off!!! He also did this again after we were done and cleaning everybody up! HILARIOUS! He's like our little monkey with his new tool!