When we already have a babysitter for a work thing and that work thing runs short - we take advantage and go for a walk before we head up to the apartment.
When we are exhausted, we thank the good lord the boys still take a third nap in the evening - even if it's only for an hour.
When we don't think we could change ANOTHER dirty diaper, we are happy that at least this means their bodies are doing what they should with all the yummy solids they are now eating. :)
And of course - their smiles and giggles and laughter - I don't think I know ANYONE who is as happy as they are when they wake up. We are always excited to go in and get them because from the moment they realize they are awake, they get this big, goofy grin on their face and start wriggling and giggling when they see us. how great is that?!
Yesterday the boys were playing on the mat we got for them (big foam puzzle pieces that fit together and have the alphabet on them). they have an orgy of toys spread out before them and Gavin and Aidan are beginning to scootch around for more interesting pastures. Curt looks up to see Gavin whining - he had backed him self up to the couch and had gotten his chubby little legs STUCK under the couch! Curt had to move it up and back to get Gavin out from under it. HILARIOUS! Aidan is like a whirling dervish with all of his rolling tummy to back, back to tummy. he loves to stand up, but practically refuses to sit up on his own. he's going to be walking around the house, but need a bumbo to sit up with the rest of the family!
I accidentally played a little too rough with sweet Brady this week. :( Usually when i come home from work, i take whichever boy is done eating and take them back to our room while i change and bounce them on the bed, etc for a few minutes of mom time. Brady was giggling and wriggling around as I was bouncing him with my hands. Then i began bouncing up and down on me knees and (gasp!) got his little arm under one of my knees. He had the saddest most surprised face (and as soon as i felt it i stopped bouncing) and then of course he started to cry. I felt SOOOOOOO bad. he recovered pretty quickly and i checked to make sure there was no permanent damage once we was giggling again, but MAN did that have me sweating . . . no more monkies bouncing on the bed . . .
And last night I realized Curt was basically a saint. I don't know if any of you had dreams that your baby was sleeping in bed with you (and of course concerns you would smother it with blankets or pillows) but i was having them for MONTHS! I have taken pillow cases off of pillows belieivng I was unwrapping babies from swaddles. I would wake curt up (sometimes to yell at him for not helping me with putting the babies back in their cribs - oops) in a panic only to have him waken me and help me realize there was no baby in bed with us, never had been, never will be. Lucky for curt those dreams had gone away for me. Until last night.
Lately the boys are really into watching us drink water and trying to drink from a cup themselves. You can see where this is going. Last night I dreamt that Aidan was in bed with us and that he wanted to try some water from my glass. I had taken the water glass I keep at my bed side and proceeded to POUR A FULL GLASS IN OUR BED (I'm not making this up). I of course wake up soaked and say to Curt "Will you pelase take Aidan?!" to which he calmly replies "what are you talking about? there is no baby in bed with us. what on earth were you doing?" I then try to take the sheets off (still in darkness) and curt encourages me to turn the light on (to prove there is no baby, to see what i'm doing, to see who has kidnapped his wife and replaced her with a raving lunatic?). I am SOAKED with ice cold water, the bed is SOAKED with ice cold water - but at least only on my side - that's probably what saved me from curt getting angry. :) So I just pull the sheets aside, snuggle up to curt leaving him a few spare inches of mattress and fall back asleep. All of this occurs before midnight. (sigh). Now that you have caught your breath from laughing at me - here are some cute pics.
Aidan is FINALLY catching on to this whole sitting up thing
Brady loves to stick his tongue out these days - i think it helps him concentrate
We had a fountain installed in Gavin's bath :)